We are looking for a number of general operatives to join our busy team in our factory setting, in Wishaw.
Your job will involve performing physical tasks such as cleaning, removing debris, loading, and unloading materials, assembling, and disassembling structures, reading and following instructions / blueprints and assisting craftspeople with their duties.
The job will change every day and you will perform a variety of duties involving tool use, lifting, carrying and managing equipment and machinery to provide support and aid to others.
The duties and responsibilities are all geared toward maintaining a clean, safe and efficient site while also supporting the overall project. The list of duties and responsibilities on any given day may include the following:
- Cleaning and preparing the factory / site
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment
- Building and taking down structures
- Operating some machinery and heavy equipment
- Following instructions from supervisors and implementing the quality plan
- Assisting skilled tradespeople in their duties.
Skills and qualifications
You will need to have a ‘can do attitude’ and be prepared to follow instructions. While the job is largely physical, there is also a range of mental skills and general common sense knowledge you will ideally possess.