We are looking for plumbers to join our busy team in our factory setting in Wishaw.
Our plumber’s responsibilities include installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in our modular builds.
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials;
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids;
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation;
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation;
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building;
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary;
- Installs heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters;
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing;
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems;
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair;
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building;
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes;
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken;
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts;
- Oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers.
Ideally you will be Gas Safe registered with ACS, CPA1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1 and followed a plumbing apprenticeship and trained to SVQ level or equivalent qualification.
Collaborative, Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills, Decision-Making Ability, Good Listening Skills, Strong Verbal Communication, Stress- and Time-Management Skills, Business and Accounting Skills, Customer Service and Interpersonal Skills, Mechanical and Technical Skills, Physical Stamina and Strength, Excellent Trouble-Shooting Ability.