Reporting to the Operations Manager the Junior Buyer / Materials Controller will help to plan and co-ordinate the purchasing of materials, products, and services for the factory and site. They will work closely with the management team.
- Communicate with people outside the organisation, representing the organisation to customers, the public, suppliers, and other external sources
- You will be responsible for chasing purchase orders for the factory and sites
- You will monitor the stock levels and replenish in line with agreed minimum stock levels
- Assist with stock control and the coordination of activities of those involved in storing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Monitor supplier performance and report findings to management.
- General administrative duties including filing of purchasing paperwork and delivery notes.
- Get involved in understanding the job specifications and requirements so that less reliance on others
- Arrange plant hire and skip negotiations.
- Assist in the continual review of supplier performance in line with our ISO9001:2015 and build offsite accreditations
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as necessary
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to Health and Safety procedures.
Previous purchasing experience within a construction or manufacturing environment would be beneficial. In-house training will be provided.